While it is still cold outside, I decided to spend good hours going back to some of the films I shot last few years. This time I am about to show you Kodak Ektachrome 64 emulsion 6117/6118, the version from the ’80s.
Found few well stored boxes of this film in 9×12 cm sheet film format. Cut the sheets down to 6×9 cm so they fit my Mamiya RB67 film holder type J. As I did this in complete darkness, 6×9 was an approximate size. Anyway good for testing.
This is E-6 film, but I did not have E-6 chemicals at this time. So I went to cross process this film in AGFA Process 41 (more on this process here) and ORWO C-9165 (more on it here).
Kodak Ektachrome 64 (6117/6118) in AGFA Process 41
First, I shot just 2 peaces of each film at ISO 25 and 50. Here is 6117 emulsion @ ISO 50, daylight color balanced:
As I cross processed these films in AP-41, judging color rendition would be somewhat useless. However, 6118, or the tungsten balanced film clearly shows bluewish tint, which I shall have corrected with a warming filter.
I sent some sheets for E-6 processing, but my un-rectangular cuts wouldn’t allow that the sheets fit in the development tank. Some of the frames stick together and the result was funny undeveloped areas. So I kept bathing this film in AGFA Process 41.
I have not modified the process to this film’s specifics — all times and temperatures were according to the original process by AGFA.
Kodak Ektachrome 64 (6117/6118) in ORWO Color reversal process C-9165
As I had some remains of ORWO C-9165, I decided to give it a try with this film. All of the frames have been shot as ISO 50, no warming filter.
Blue tint of the tungsten balanced emulsion (6118 above) is well visible, when compared to the 6117 (the one below).
Here I used the following processing mode: FD: 12 minutes; CD: 17 minutes. Temperature: 25°.
Follows the leaflet for this film. I found it on internet. Unfortunately, my boxes had no leaflet attached.
I am currently trying to try the process (Ap41) ,, and I wish success to that process.
But I do not like manual re-exposure, I prefer to use the chemical method and this is the reason for delaying experiments.